The lockdown will be further relaxed in 16 districts of Karnataka that have a test positivity rate of under 5%, Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa announced on Saturday, June 19,2021, according to media reports.
Uttara Kannada, Belagavi, Gadag, Haveri, Bagalkot, Raichur, Koppal, Kalaburagi, Yadgir, Bidar, Ramanagara, Mandya, Chikkballapur, Tumakuru, Kolar and Bengaluru Urban will see further relaxations of the Covid-19 lockdown. Thirteen other districts, including Dharwad, that have a test positivity rate of 5%-10% will not see any more relaxations as yet.
Districts like Mysuru, which have a test positivity rate of more than 10%, will remain under a stricter lockdown.
Here’s what will be allowed in the 16 districts:
• All shops will be allowed to open from morning until 5 pm.
• Dining-in will be allowed at hotels, clubs and restaurants without AC until 5 pm with 50% seating capacity.
• Bus and metro services will be available with 50% seating capacity.
• Lodges and resorts can open up with 50% housing capacity.
• Gyms can also be opened up, without AC, with 50% strength.
What won’t reopen as yet?
• A night curfew will be in force from 7pm to 5 am.
• A weekend curfew will be imposed from 7 pm, Friday, to 5 am, Monday.
• Swimming pools, places of worship, malls, theatres, air-conditioned shopping complexes and pubs will remain shut.