HUBBALLI: The Dharwad district is likely to get relaxation in the lockdown from June 14 to June 21.
On Thursday, June 10, 2021, Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa said that the lockdown would continue without any relaxation in Chikkamagaluru, Shivamogga, Davangere, Mysuru, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru Rural, Mandya, Belagavi and Kodagu districts where the test positivity rate is high (between 9.06% and 24.62%). The remaining districts will get relaxations in the lockdown as the recommendations of the Technical Advisory Committee.
Dharwad, which reported 261 new coronavirus infections on Thursday and has a total of 2,647 active cases, will get the following relaxations from 6 am, June 14, until 6 am, June 21:
* Shops of essential goods and services can stay open from 6 am to 2 pm.
* Street vendors can do business from 6 am to 2 pm.
* Industries will be allowed to open with 50% staff, but garment industries will function with only 30% employees.
* Autos and taxis will be allowed with two passengers only.
* Parks can remain open from 5 am to 10 am.
* There will be a night curfew from 7 pm until 5 am.
* There will be a weekend curfew from 7 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday.
* All construction activities can start. All shops pertaining to construction activities like cement and steel are allowed to open.
The state government as well as the Dharwad district administration will issue detailed guidelines separately. We will keep you posted.