DHARWAD: Two persons had a miraculous escape after the car they were travelling in cought fire and completely gutted down near Udaya Hostel Cricel in Dharwad on Thursday.
A Tata Indica car owned by Abdul Razzak caught fire when he was driving towards the market along with one more person.
It has been learnt that the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the AC of the car. The duo came out of the vehicle soon after noticing the fire and saved their lives.
The car is completely gutted down in the incident.
Vidyagiri police rushed to the spot and launched the investigation.