HUBBALLI TIMES NEWS DESK
The 2021-22 academic year for schools in Karnataka will begin on July 1, two weeks later than the previous schedule, the Department of Public Instruction announced on Friday.
The academic year usually begins on June 1 but the Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted it since last year. The Department of Public Instruction had earlier announced the start of the academic year on June 15, 2021, but this schedule has now been revised in view of the lockdown, which is in force until June 14.
The commissioner for public instruction has issued a circular, detailing the timeline for the academic year. It will apply to all primary and high schools, whether government, aided or unaided.
Here are the key points:
1) The first term will be held from July 1, 2021, to October 9, 2021.
2) The second term will be held from October 21, 2021, to April 30, 2021.
3) Dasara vacations will take place between October 10, 2021, and October 20, 2021 (11 days).
3) Summer vacations will take place between May 1, 2022, and May 28, 2022.
4) A total of 223 school days will be available during the academic year.
5) School admissions should start on June 15, 2021, and end on August 31, 2021.
6) Physical classes will be suspended until the Covid situation improves. Schools will have to conduct other forms of teaching (online, via Doordarshan, etc).
7) Schools must conduct Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti, Ambedkar Jayanti, Kannada Rajyotsava.