HUBBALLI: Hubballi-Dharwad will get six more trains that are being reintroduced almost seven months after Covid-19 began.
These six trains will be among a pair of 196 festival special trains (392 trains when run both ways) that the railways has announced to introduce to clear the festival rush. These trains will be initially run from October 20 to November 30 in order to cater to travellers during Dasara, Deepavali and other festivals. The trains are likely to be continued if the Covid-19 situation improves and people resume travelling in a big way.
All these trains will be run at a minimum average speed of 55 kilometres per hour. Their fares will be as per the fares of the special trains.
Here are the six trains that will either originate from Hubballi-Dharwad or pass through the twin-cities:
1) Hubballi-LTT (Mumbai) Express: It will be run daily as train number 07317/07318.
2) Hubballi-Secunderabad Express: It will be run daily as train number 07319/07320.
3) Hubballi-Varanasi Express: It will be run weekly as train number 07323/07324.
4) Dharwad-Mysuru Express: It will be run daily as train number 07301/07302.
5) Mysuru-Ajmer Express: It will be run twice a week as train number 06209/06210. It will pass through Hubballi-Dharwad.
6) KSR Bengaluru-Gandhidham Express: It will be run weekly as train number 06505/06506. It will pass through Hubballi-Dharwad.