HUBBALLI: Two boys sustained injuries in eyes when they were watching bursting of crackers during Deepavali festival. They were admitted to M M Joshi Eye Institute here for treatment.
Halesh Kavale (6) of Badami in Bagalkot district, and Preetham (5) of Dharwad were injured, when sparks from the firecrackers hit their eyes.
“Last year, 16 such patients were admitted in our hospital, and the number of such cases is less this time, may be due to increased awareness. ‘Camera flash’ crackers also damage the retina,” said Dr Shrinivas Joshi.